- Brokers Report: SAPURAKENCANA - Reaffirmed By Contract Replenishments
- Market Daily Report: Market rise on positive China economic data
- Market Daily Report: KLCI rises on bargain hunting as Brexit takes centre stage
- Market Daily Report: KLCI dips 0.88% amid sluggish trade after CNY weekend
- Market Daily Report: KLCI rises 8.29pts with Sime Darby as Dow Jones tops 20,000pts
Tuesday, November 22, 2016
Market Daily Report: KLCI Higher inline with SE Asian Stocks on Oil Price Rally
The FBM KLCI index gained 2.04 points or 0.13% on Tuesday. The Finance Index fell 0.23% to 14162.5 points, the Properties Index dropped 0.27% to 1158.33 points and the Plantation Index down 0.41% to 7703.77 points. The market traded within a range of 5.14 points between an intra-day high of 1632.71 and a low of 1627.57 during the session.
Actively traded stocks include FGV, FGV-C16, SUMATEC, HIBISCS, RGB, AAX, NICORP, HSI-H63, GPACKET and PERISAI. Trading volume increased to 1496.29 mil shares worth RM1811.10 mil as compared to Monday’s 1382.86 mil shares worth RM1381.38 mil.
Leading Movers were GENTING (+21 sen to RM8.16), RHBBANK (+12 sen to RM4.70), BAT (+106 sen to RM45.00), YTL (+3 sen to RM1.53) and PETGAS (+30 sen to RM21.50). Lagging Movers were HLFG (-26 sen to RM15.10), SIME (-10 sen to RM7.95), MAYBANK (-9 sen to RM7.69), AXIATA (-5 sen to RM4.48) and PPB (-12 sen to RM15.66). Market breadth was negative with 344 gainers as compared to 410 losers.
The KLCI closed higher at 1629.32 points amid overnight gains in US market as oil jumped on optimism OPEC will agree to cut output. The performance of our local bourse was lifted by buying interest in heavyweight counters led by Genting Bhd.