- Brokers Report: SAPURAKENCANA - Reaffirmed By Contract Replenishments
- Market Daily Report: Market rise on positive China economic data
- Market Daily Report: KLCI rises on bargain hunting as Brexit takes centre stage
- Market Daily Report: KLCI dips 0.88% amid sluggish trade after CNY weekend
- Market Daily Report: KLCI rises 8.29pts with Sime Darby as Dow Jones tops 20,000pts
Thursday, December 8, 2016
Market Daily Report: KLCI Surged Amid Overnight Gain in Wall Street
The FBM KLCI index gained 11.28 points or 0.69% on Thursday. The Finance Index increased 0.52% to 14353.88 points, the Properties Index dropped 0.00% to 1129.57 points and the Plantation Index rose 0.53% to 7742.89 points. The market traded within a range of 7.66 points between an intra-day high of 1643.75 and a low of 1636.09 during the session.
Actively traded stocks include HSI-H57, HSI-C48, RGB, AIRASIA, HSI-H63, ASIABIO, MNC, TENAGA, ANZO and KNM. Trading volume increased to 1092.23 mil shares worth RM1568.39 mil as compared to Wednesday’s 1040.92 mil shares worth RM1373.57 mil.
Leading Movers were AMMB (+27 sen to RM4.45), AXIATA (+22 sen to RM4.64), ASTRO (+13 sen to RM2.78), SKPETRO (+7 sen to RM1.55) and YTL (+5 sen to RM1.58). Lagging Movers were PETGAS (-22 sen to RM21.28), MAXIS (-2 sen to RM6.05), PBBANK (-2 sen to RM19.62), TM (-0 sen to RM6.11) and IHH (-0 sen to RM6.40). Market breadth was positive with 390 gainers as compared to 313 losers.
The KLCI surged with last minute spike to 1643.42 points amid overnight gains in US markets. The performance of our local bourse was in tandem with most of our regional peers following Wall Street strode to another record.