- Market Daily Report: FBM KLCI rises with KLK, IOI Corp as Asian shares gain
- Market Daily Report: Malaysian stocks recover after US markets, dollar stabilise
- How To Calculate PCB or Scheduled Tax Deduction (STD) for Salary and Bonus
- Market Daily Report: Market rise on positive China economic data
- Market Daily Report: KLCI down as BAT, Petronas Dagangan top Bursa decliners
Monday, December 5, 2016
Market Daily Report: KLCI moves sideways in dull trading
The FBM KLCI index lost 3.99 points or 0.24% on Monday. The Finance Index fell 0.24% to 14253.87 points, the Properties Index up 0.07% to 1136.91 points and the Plantation Index down 0.18% to 7704.28 points. The market traded within a range of 6.44 points between an intra-day high of 1631.41 and a low of 1624.97 during the session.
Actively traded stocks include HIBISCS, GADANG-WB, HSI-H63, REACH-WA, APFT, RGB, TRIVE, ASIABIO, AIRASIA and KNM. Trading volume decreased to 1139.64 mil shares worth RM1352.42 mil as compared to Friday’s 1284.49 mil shares worth RM1455.25 mil.
Leading Movers were BAT (+84 sen to RM45.30), HAPSENG (+13 sen to RM7.95), HLBANK (+10 sen to RM13.42), AXIATA (+3 sen to RM4.28) and MAXIS (+4 sen to RM6.00). Lagging Movers were GENM (-10 sen to RM4.60), PPB (-34 sen to RM15.66), GENTING (-15 sen to RM7.91), MISC (-7 sen to RM7.18) and CIMB (-4 sen to RM4.63). Market breadth was negative with 297 gainers as compared to 440 losers.
The KLCI was down and closed at 1624.97 points amid overnight mixed performance in US. Market sentiment remained subdued as ringgit continues to slide.