- Brokers Report: SAPURAKENCANA - Reaffirmed By Contract Replenishments
- Market Daily Report: Market rise on positive China economic data
- Market Daily Report: KLCI rises on bargain hunting as Brexit takes centre stage
- Market Daily Report: KLCI dips 0.88% amid sluggish trade after CNY weekend
- Market Daily Report: KLCI rises 8.29pts with Sime Darby as Dow Jones tops 20,000pts
Monday, December 5, 2016
Market Daily Report: KLCI moves sideways in dull trading
The FBM KLCI index lost 3.99 points or 0.24% on Monday. The Finance Index fell 0.24% to 14253.87 points, the Properties Index up 0.07% to 1136.91 points and the Plantation Index down 0.18% to 7704.28 points. The market traded within a range of 6.44 points between an intra-day high of 1631.41 and a low of 1624.97 during the session.
Actively traded stocks include HIBISCS, GADANG-WB, HSI-H63, REACH-WA, APFT, RGB, TRIVE, ASIABIO, AIRASIA and KNM. Trading volume decreased to 1139.64 mil shares worth RM1352.42 mil as compared to Friday’s 1284.49 mil shares worth RM1455.25 mil.
Leading Movers were BAT (+84 sen to RM45.30), HAPSENG (+13 sen to RM7.95), HLBANK (+10 sen to RM13.42), AXIATA (+3 sen to RM4.28) and MAXIS (+4 sen to RM6.00). Lagging Movers were GENM (-10 sen to RM4.60), PPB (-34 sen to RM15.66), GENTING (-15 sen to RM7.91), MISC (-7 sen to RM7.18) and CIMB (-4 sen to RM4.63). Market breadth was negative with 297 gainers as compared to 440 losers.
The KLCI was down and closed at 1624.97 points amid overnight mixed performance in US. Market sentiment remained subdued as ringgit continues to slide.