- Market Daily Report: FBM KLCI rises with KLK, IOI Corp as Asian shares gain
- Market Daily Report: FBM KLCI falls on Trump's policy uncertainty
- How To Calculate PCB or Scheduled Tax Deduction (STD) for Salary and Bonus
- Brokers Report: PROTASCO - An Undervalued Gem
- Market Daily Report: Market rise on positive China economic data
Tuesday, December 6, 2016
Market Daily Report: KLCI Inching Up, Tracking Positive Performance in Wall Street
The FBM KLCI index gained 4.76 points or 0.29% on Tuesday. The Finance Index increased 0.28% to 14293.39 points, the Properties Index up 0.01% to 1137 points and the Plantation Index rose 0.08% to 7710.33 points. The market traded within a range of 5.71 points between an intra-day high of 1629.73 and a low of 1624.02 during the session.
Actively traded stocks include APFT, SUMATEC, AIRASIA, HIBISCS, TRIVE, RGB, TENAGA, HSI-H63, HSI-C54 and HSI-H57. Trading volume decreased to 1089.86 mil shares worth RM1553.17 mil as compared to Monday’s 1139.64 mil shares worth RM1352.42 mil.
Leading Movers were PETGAS (+48 sen to RM21.32), PPB (+34 sen to RM16.00), YTL (+3 sen to RM1.54), MISC (+10 sen to RM7.28) and GENTING (+8 sen to RM7.99). Lagging Movers were HAPSENG (-0 sen to RM7.75), AMMB (-1 sen to RM4.23), HLFG (-5 sen to RM14.84), BAT (-40 sen to RM44.90) and SKPETRO (-1 sen to RM1.52). Market breadth was negative with 304 gainers as compared to 409 losers.
The KLCI extended its mid-day gains by ending higher at 1629.73 points, tracking the positive performance in Wall Street overnight. The performance of our local bourse was in tandem with most of the regional peers.