- Market Daily Report: KLCI ends higher in tandem with regional markets
- Brokers Report: Scientex - Expansion Plans Progressing Well
- Brokers Report: Tenaga - Again Taking Over Another IPP - Track 4A
- Market Daily Report: KLCI up with US stocks as Malaysian earnings trickle in
- Market Daily Report: Malaysian stocks stay weak as US bombing in Afghan soured investors' appetite
Wednesday, December 21, 2016
Market Daily Report: KLCI down with Petronas Dagangan, KLK as Bursa volume falls
KUALA LUMPUR (Dec 21): The FBM KLCI fell 4.93 points or 0.3% mainly on late selling of Petronas Dagangan Bhd and Kuala Lumpur Kepong Bhd (KLK) shares. The KLCI fell amid lower Bursa Malaysia share-trade volume possibly due to the year-end holiday season.
At 5pm, the KLCI closed at 1,629.59 points. Petronas Dagangan fell 22 sen to RM23.52 while KLK dropped 14 sen to RM23.66.
Petronas Dagangan and KLK were Bursa Malaysia's third and fifth-largest decliners respectively as investors took profit following both stock's recent gains.
Bursa Malaysia saw 1.16 billion shares valued at RM1.56 billion traded. There were 353 gainers and 369 decliners.
Yesterday, the bourse saw 1.29 billion shares transacted.
Today, Inter-Pacific Securities Sdn Bhd research head Pong Teng Siew said: "A lot of fund managers and investors are probably on vacation right now, which is apparent, looking at the thin trading volume of shares."
"Nonetheless, with careful stock picking, there could be some opportunities in some small caps, which are doing reasonably alright. The blue chips on the other hand are not that exciting at this point," he told theedgemarkets.com.
Source: The Edge