- Brokers Report: SAPURAKENCANA - Reaffirmed By Contract Replenishments
- Market Daily Report: Market rise on positive China economic data
- Market Daily Report: KLCI rises on bargain hunting as Brexit takes centre stage
- Market Daily Report: KLCI dips 0.88% amid sluggish trade after CNY weekend
- Market Daily Report: KLCI rises 8.29pts with Sime Darby as Dow Jones tops 20,000pts
Thursday, October 27, 2016
Stocks with Momentum: Jerasia Capital Bhd
SHARES in Jerasia Capital Bhd (fundamental: 0.35/3, valuation: 1.1/3), which gained one sen or 1.49% to close at 68 sen yesterday, triggered our momentum algorithm for the first time this month.
One million shares were exchanged, compared with the stock’s 200-day average volume of 89,621.
The company’s share price has risen significantly since last week, jumping 16.5 sen or 32% to close at 67.5 sen on Oct 19, from its closing of 51 sen on Oct 18.
The jump triggered an unusual market activity query from the bourse regulator, though Jerasia said it wasn’t aware of the reason behind the sudden gain.
For the second quarter ended Sept 30, 2015 (2QFY16), the company’s net profit rose 32% y-o-y to RM1.28 million, as revenue rose 18% to RM94.92 million.
Jerasia is trading at 0.39 times its net book value.