- Brokers Report: Scientex - Expansion Plans Progressing Well
- Market Daily Report: KLCI ends higher in tandem with regional markets
- Brokers Report: Tenaga - Again Taking Over Another IPP - Track 4A
- Market Daily Report: KLCI up with US stocks as Malaysian earnings trickle in
- Market Daily Report: Malaysian stocks stay weak as US bombing in Afghan soured investors' appetite
Thursday, March 17, 2016
SIA: U.S. semicon companies dominate list of patent recipients
SIA industry statistics and economic policy director Falan Yinug said five of the top 15 US corporate patent recipients are major semiconductor producers.
The top five names on the list were iBM Corporation, Qualcomm Inc., Google,Inc., Intel Corporation and Microsoft Technology Licencing LLC.
He said that this is partly because U.S. semiconductor companies invest a higher share of sales into research and development than any other U.S. industry. On average, the U.S. semiconductor industry invests about one-fifth of total sales into R&D.