- Brokers Report: SAPURAKENCANA - Reaffirmed By Contract Replenishments
- Market Daily Report: Market rise on positive China economic data
- Market Daily Report: KLCI rises on bargain hunting as Brexit takes centre stage
- Market Daily Report: KLCI dips 0.88% amid sluggish trade after CNY weekend
- Market Daily Report: KLCI rises 8.29pts with Sime Darby as Dow Jones tops 20,000pts
Thursday, March 17, 2016
SIA: U.S. semicon companies dominate list of patent recipients
SIA industry statistics and economic policy director Falan Yinug said five of the top 15 US corporate patent recipients are major semiconductor producers.
The top five names on the list were iBM Corporation, Qualcomm Inc., Google,Inc., Intel Corporation and Microsoft Technology Licencing LLC.
He said that this is partly because U.S. semiconductor companies invest a higher share of sales into research and development than any other U.S. industry. On average, the U.S. semiconductor industry invests about one-fifth of total sales into R&D.