|FBM KLCI closed higher as oil rebound|
- Market Daily Report: KLCI ends higher in tandem with regional markets
- Market Daily Report: KLCI up with US stocks as Malaysian earnings trickle in
- Market Daily Report: Malaysian stocks stay weak as US bombing in Afghan soured investors' appetite
- Market Daily Report: KLCI rebounds after two days in the red
- Brokers Report: Petronas Chemicals - FID On Isononanol Plant Approved
Thursday, March 10, 2016
Market Daily Report: FBM KLCI up 0.27% as oil rebound
The market is behaving like a yo-yo and today, we have a better side of things. It’s an uptrend and we’re looking at a jump for FBM KLCI by 0.27% or 4.56 points to 1,690.91.
There is still no clear signal of breaking the 1,700 mark but things have been slightly more positive now.
Across Bursa Malaysia, we saw 1.72 billion shares traded worth RM1.81 billion. There are 441 winners compared to the 355 losers while another 353 is unchanged.
Regionally, things are also looking better except for the volatile China.
The positive sentiment was mainly driven by the rebound of crude oil price and the expectation of policy easing by the European Central Bank (ECB) later in the day.
In Bursa, the top gainer is Kossan Rubber Industries Bhd while leading the decliners was British American Tobacco (M) Bhd. The warrants of AirAsia X and RedSena dominated the top active counters.