|Top movers in FBM KLCI|
- Brokers Report: SAPURAKENCANA - Reaffirmed By Contract Replenishments
- Market Daily Report: Market rise on positive China economic data
- Market Daily Report: KLCI rises on bargain hunting as Brexit takes centre stage
- Market Daily Report: KLCI dips 0.88% amid sluggish trade after CNY weekend
- Market Daily Report: KLCI rises 8.29pts with Sime Darby as Dow Jones tops 20,000pts
Thursday, February 4, 2016
Market Daily Report: FBM KLCI rebound on oil
The FBM KLCI rose 23.47 points or 1.4%, tracking regional share gains as a crude oil price rise buoyed sentiment.
The crude oil futures extended gains thanks to a weaker dollar and speculation on talks among oil producers on a potentially meeting to discuss output cuts.
Below are some of the top movers in the index.
Hubline Bhd was the most-actively traded stock. Today's biggest gainers were Nestle (M) Bhd, PPB Group Bhd, and Sime Darby Bhd.
The biggest decliners included British American Tobacco (M) Bhd and Kossan Rubber Industries Bhd.
Despite the rally in the index, analysts were mindful of the sustainability of the index's advance.
Asian share indices gained. In China, Hong Kong's Hang Seng gained 1.01%, while the Shanghai Composite was up 1.53%. South Korea's Kospi rose 1.35%.
Japan's Nikkei 225, however, fell 0.85%.
Asian shares rallied on Thursday as speculation the US Federal Reserve might opt to not raise interest rates at all this year hammered the dollar and sparked a huge rally in oil prices, Reuters reported.
Japanese investors, however, seemed less happy with the yen's newfound strength against the dollar and nudged the Nikkei lower.