- Brokers Report: SAPURAKENCANA - Reaffirmed By Contract Replenishments
- Market Daily Report: Market rise on positive China economic data
- Market Daily Report: KLCI rises on bargain hunting as Brexit takes centre stage
- Market Daily Report: KLCI dips 0.88% amid sluggish trade after CNY weekend
- Market Daily Report: KLCI rises 8.29pts with Sime Darby as Dow Jones tops 20,000pts
Wednesday, January 13, 2016
Malaysia's "Budget 2016" tweak to be announce on 28 Jan
Treasury secretary-general Tan Sri Mohd Irwan Siregar Abdullah said Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak is set to announce the revisions to Budget 2016 on January 28.
He assured the press and the public that the government will not cut the salaries of two million civil servants in the tweaks.
"The prime minister will announce the revised budget on January 28... let’s wait for his announcement to see what the details are," he said at the launch of the World Bank's office in Kuala Lumpur today.
The revision was necessary as the current economic climate had changed significantly from when the Budget 2016 was tabled. Back then, the oil was $48 per barrel but the oil price has now fallen to below US$33 per barrel.
The Ringgit has also weakened compared to back then.