- Market Daily Report: KLCI ends higher in tandem with regional markets
- Market Daily Report: KLCI up with US stocks as Malaysian earnings trickle in
- Market Daily Report: Malaysian stocks stay weak as US bombing in Afghan soured investors' appetite
- Market Daily Report: KLCI rebounds after two days in the red
- Brokers Report: Petronas Chemicals - FID On Isononanol Plant Approved
Wednesday, January 13, 2016
Malaysia's "Budget 2016" tweak to be announce on 28 Jan
Treasury secretary-general Tan Sri Mohd Irwan Siregar Abdullah said Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak is set to announce the revisions to Budget 2016 on January 28.
He assured the press and the public that the government will not cut the salaries of two million civil servants in the tweaks.
"The prime minister will announce the revised budget on January 28... let’s wait for his announcement to see what the details are," he said at the launch of the World Bank's office in Kuala Lumpur today.
The revision was necessary as the current economic climate had changed significantly from when the Budget 2016 was tabled. Back then, the oil was $48 per barrel but the oil price has now fallen to below US$33 per barrel.
The Ringgit has also weakened compared to back then.