- Brokers Report: SAPURAKENCANA - Reaffirmed By Contract Replenishments
- Market Daily Report: Market rise on positive China economic data
- Market Daily Report: KLCI rises on bargain hunting as Brexit takes centre stage
- Market Daily Report: KLCI dips 0.88% amid sluggish trade after CNY weekend
- Market Daily Report: KLCI rises 8.29pts with Sime Darby as Dow Jones tops 20,000pts
Sunday, February 16, 2014
EPF Announces 6.35% Dividend For 2013
EPF announces 6.35% dividend for financial year 2013 and it was the highest in the last decade. Below is some news snippet from The Star.
KUALA LUMPUR: The Employees Provident Fund (EPF) announced a 6.35% dividend for 2013, higher than the 6.15% declared for 2012. EPF chairman Tan Sri Samsudin Osman said in a statement on Sunday that this would involve the highest sum in dividend payout to subscribers, totalling RM31.20bil.
It is 13.66% higher than the total dividend payout in 2012, which was RM27.45bil, he added.
Samsudin said the dividend rate was declared on the back of a record gross investment income of RM35bil, a 12.81% rise from the RM31.02bil gross investment income recorded in 2012.
"The 2013 dividend payout was derived after deducting the net impairment allowance on financial assets, investment expenses, operating expenditures, statutory charges as well as dividend on withdrawals," he said.
Samsudin said equities emerged as the largest contributor to the EPF's gross investment income in 2013, generating RM19.52bil of income, a significant increase of 40.39% compared with RM13.90bil recorded in 2012.
"EPF's equities portfolio generated double-digit realised returns, exceeding the performance of other similar funds," he said.
Samsudin also said the strong performance in its equities portfolio was helped by the local and global indices reaching new highs. - Bernama