- Brokers Report: SAPURAKENCANA - Reaffirmed By Contract Replenishments
- Market Daily Report: Market rise on positive China economic data
- Market Daily Report: KLCI rises on bargain hunting as Brexit takes centre stage
- Market Daily Report: KLCI dips 0.88% amid sluggish trade after CNY weekend
- Market Daily Report: KLCI rises 8.29pts with Sime Darby as Dow Jones tops 20,000pts
Friday, May 22, 2009
To be wealthy, one must first develop the right habits...
I wonder how many of the bloggers who drop by here are fans of Stephen R. Covey. Anyway I guess it's important for us to set our perspective right, all the more if we want to wealthy.
One must first develop the right habits. What habits one may ask? The effective habits, I believe as suggested by Stephen R. Covey. Probably if we look at the lives of those successful people such as Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, Michael Dell and many others, there are a few things we may find it to be similar, is that all of them have an effective habits and hardwork.
I'll probably just simplify it as Stephen did in his book, 7th Habits of Highly Effective People, although I don't agree with him in coming with the 8th Habit book. After all, how is it possible to keep developing new habits without getting rid of some of the old ones.
Therefore, I shall start by mentioning the need in PRIVATE VICTORIES, but I might not start with Proactive. Because I believe it's not about Proactive, but before Proactive, there must be a deconstruction of old habits. Just like if you want to renovate your house, you'll have to take down those beautiful decorations before making them even more beautiful.
The HABITS....the right habits:
1. Deconstruction of Old Habits, lead to Proactive.
2. Think for the future ahead.
3. Priority must be set right.
These are the habits important for PRIVATE VICTORIES.
And there is another that we call: PUBLIC VICTORIES, and remember, the right habits must be develop during the PRIVATE VICTORIES, and only then the effective habits can reflects the results on public.
The next 4 habits for PUBLIC VICTORIES:
1. Winning mentality habit
2. Put others first...then others will put you first.
And of course last but not least, the most important habit is to continue to practice all these right habits, until they become effective in your life.