- Brokers Report: SAPURAKENCANA - Reaffirmed By Contract Replenishments
- Market Daily Report: Market rise on positive China economic data
- Market Daily Report: KLCI rises on bargain hunting as Brexit takes centre stage
- Market Daily Report: KLCI dips 0.88% amid sluggish trade after CNY weekend
- Market Daily Report: KLCI rises 8.29pts with Sime Darby as Dow Jones tops 20,000pts
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Are you prepared for the worse to come?
As we stare at the global economy slowdown, we should keep asking ourselves, "Are we prepared for it?" Are we confident enough to declare that we have prepare for the worse? Some might be quite relief that the crude oil price has been going down for few days but we don't know how long this will last. Even if the crude oil price remain downtrend, we cannot let our guard off. To prepare for it, one must always ensure there's sufficient fund in hand, if and only if the global economy slowdown. Even if you can keep your job, the money will come in handy especially if the stock market collapse. Can really get good deal during the market collapse. In fact, the money can be used to buy property at very low price. Usually when comodities reach historical high, cash is king. But I'm the kind of guy who believe that the market will rebound one day, which is why I will continue to accumulate the high dividend yield counter, so that I can have passive income. And again, we are talking about sufficient emergency fund. Judging by the current situation, I think my current standing is ok, with some cash that can last me for few months without salary, my portfolio push to almost 75% dividend yield + blue chip counters. I plan to re-adjust the whole portfolio and cash in hand by the end of 3rd quarter. So moving forward to Q4, I will only save + save + save.